I am writing this post as a reflection of my thoughts on some current global events / issues and some reading/listening that I have engaged in. This post is perhaps a continuation of my recent post on Feminism and what it means to be a Feminist.
I was reading/ listening to:
- Women’s bodies, Women’s wisdom by Dr. Christiane Northrup
- The Truth about Vaccines – This is a 7 part documentary series on the good/bad and the ugly related to Vaccines given to infants/children in the U.S.
- The Yoga of Bhagavad Gita by Paramhansa Yogananda
Below are some of my ponderings/thoughts:
- For any change to occur, we need more women to be aware, educated, in tune with their intuitive intelligence and more men to stand with these women.
- If the chemicals being spread on Earth’s soil and the antibiotics/hormones given to cattle affect our health via food/water/air, then why assume that all vaccines given to babies are safe?
- Shouldn’t I as an individual always have the ability to make a choice? What is freedom if not for the ability to make our own choices and be responsible for them?
- Why do we believe more in pills and less in the intelligence of our bodies?
- Any person/ medium/approach that thrives on you being fearful is not your friend.
- We need to stand up to the Pharmaceutical industry much in the same way as we are seeing with the Pesticide and Food industry. Personal is indeed political.
- If every single person only took responsibility for themselves including their physical, mental, emotional, relational health, that would be enough.
- Authoritarian approaches that disallow freedom at any level need to be replaced with collaborative/consultative approaches.
- Don’t simply follow practices/beliefs because ‘that’s how it has been’, ask why and be open to understanding.
- It’s all connected. If it’s NOT OK for Syria to bomb its own people, it’s NOT OK for the government to issue mandates on what’s needed in my or my child’s body. Both are fundamentally related to human rights.
- Don’t be a rebel for the sake of feeling powerful.
- Let’s stop living in an illusion that we are separate from the Earth/Environment.
- Invest more time/resources in improving the state of health instead of focusing on disease.
I will close it by saying; Let’s dream with our eyes wide open. Let it make us uncomfortable. Let’s feel it and then feel it again in every inch of our bodies. May we have no other choice but to move with it.
I would be eager to know if this stirs something in you.
One thought on “Gumbo pot- Reflections”