Whenever you feel stressed out/off center, it is always better to address it quickly rather than to prolong it. Train yourself to be more in tune with yourself to recognize any signs of stress. Why accumulate anything that doesn’t help. Right? Am sure we all know these ways of coping but a reminder never hurts and there’s some value in seeing it all in one place.
- Exercise – Any form of exercise for 20-30 minutes will help you kick in those endorphins!
- Spend time in nature – Walk in the woods or sit by a lake/ocean. Use an app for sounds of nature ONLY IF there is no option for you to go outside.
- Talk to a friend who won’t judge you- I am sure you have at least one such person in your life. Please remember that texting cannot be the same as picking up the phone and talking or meeting someone in person. You can also talk to your furry friend.
- Prayer/Meditation- Connect with something higher than you and release your worries
- Watching videos which make you laugh/smile. Ex: Cute pups/kittens/comedy shows
- Art- Don’t worry if you aren’t a painter, just splash some colors or dance freestyle connecting to the music
- Journaling- This can be a notebook or even a video/audio journal. Two things I did as a kid and at times even now – Speaking to the trees around me and having a dialogue with myself as if someone was interviewing me.It works for me!
Find out what works for you and USE IT!